Experienced Special Inspectors wanted for regular, full-time employment with Christian Wheeler Engineering. Special Inspectors verify compliance, or report non-compliance, with construction plans and specifications, standards, and the California Building Code.
- Drive to job site(s) located in San Diego County and/or surrounding counties.
- Meet with jobsite superintendent or foreman to coordinate activities at the site.
- Perform inspection of specific aspects of construction, such as masonry, concrete, fire-proofing, structural steel or welding, through the observation of work in progress and testing and/or sampling of materials.
- Prepare and submit daily report and related paperwork based on type of inspection, testing, and/or sampling performed.
- Transport samples to CWE laboratory, as required.
- May assist in the lab as needed or when field work is slow.
- City of San Diego Special Inspector Certification
- ICC certification in Post Tension concrete
- ACI Concrete Field Technician Grade I current certification
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance as required by state law, and driving record must meet criteria for Company’s insurance carrier to add as a driver on Company policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills including email and MS Word
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Ability to work independently as well as accept direction and guidance
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Additional ICC certifications
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Frequently involves standing, walking, lifting, fingering, stooping, crouching, climbing, and balancing.
- Occasionally requires kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling.
- Requires close visual acuity.
- Frequently requires lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and may occasionally require lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently requires driving, working around equipment and machinery, walking on uneven ground, exposure to noise, working on scaffolding and high places, and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Worker may be exposed to dust, fumes, odors, mist, gases, poor ventilation, and may require work in close quarters, crawl spaces, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- Work environment is primarily outdoors and the worker is subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat at times.
Click here to see a summary of our excellent employee benefits package.
To apply, email a pdf copy of your resume and cards. No phone calls, please.